Wednesday, November 21, 2012

No More Parenting Books!

Since Jiale was born, I had been reading parenting books relentlessly.. from how to make him sleep through the night to what to feed him, and then as he grew older, how to help him learn etc. But it was really never-ending - there are too many such books out there, and too many different opinions about what the right way is.

Finally, I have decided to give up. Stopped reading parenting books a few weeks ago, and wow! I have so much free time now! I have been able to read books for leisure, sleep early, spend more time on doing facial masks and body scrubs, and more time googling anything that captures my interest. I feel liberated. I feel FREE and FREED. No doubt it's good to read parenting books for the benefit of my children, but I think I have read enough these past three years. Enough. Stop. No more. (though I don't doubt I will be referring back to those books when meimei arrives :p)

I had never thought reading parenting books was bad in any way. OK, not really bad la... just bad for my development as a person.. a woman.. a wife.. It's probably only good for me as a parent :p

Anyway I am happier now!

No comments:

Post a Comment